Dress: no label (bought on eBay)
Cuff: So Good Jewelry
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik Prisca
Clutch: old/no label
Earrings: Blue Nile
- I transitioned jobs.
- I took the opportunity to complete an educational goal I'd set for myself.
- I learned to cook three dishes very well (Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Apple & Onion Sausage Skewers, Beefy Mac and Cheese) and didn't use boxed ingredients for any of them!
- I started this blog.
- Mr. Fantastic and I took the kids to Los Cabos for our family vacation and we went to San Francisco and New Orleans by ourselves. I also took my sister to New Orleans for a quick weekend trip.
- We made some home improvements: new living room and dining room furniture; kitchen upgrades.
- Mr. Fantastic and I stayed married for another year (surpassing both Kim Kardashian's and Katy Perry's marriage longevity)
There were some hiccups along the way, but I believe in seeing the good things in life and letting go of all the bad. So I will focus on all the things accomplished in 2011 and look to 2012 for bigger and better things.
I don't believe in resolutions because those have a way of being forgotten. Instead, I will instead write what my hopes and dreams are for next year.
- I will continue to blog. I will try to plan out my outfits in advance and work at styling my clothes in a way that is true to how I dress, but pushes me out of my fashion comfort zone.
- Laugh with my lover over something completely dumb and unexplainable to anyone but us.
- Spend time with my friends and loved ones.
- Continue to decorate our home and make it more...mine.
- I will faithfully follow Nina Garcia's shopping rule: Do not purchase anything unless you already have 3 things in your closet that would work with the new item.
- I will buy a 50mm 1.4 USM lens for my camera
- I will save up some money and buy myself one great piece in each category: jewelry, shoes, handbags, clothing item, gadget
- I will learn to cook one dish well each month so that I can create a week's worth of meals by the end of the year.
- I will learn the manual settings for my camera
- I will learn to make one great accessory for myself.
- I want to visit Europe - specifically Prague and Brussels with Mr. Fantastic
- East Coast Family Vacation-this seems very likely (NYC, DC, and/or Philly)
- Beach Getaway just Mr. Fantastic and me (I would LOVE St. Lucia or the Dominican Republic again)
- Visit an old college friend in Panama before she moves back to Taiwan.
- I would love to take my sister to Paris as a high school graduation gift. I would love to visit the many ateliers in Paris and take a couple of my shoes to Minuit Moins for repair, not to mention of course, do some shopping! My sister would like to add that she actually wants to see the museums and sights, too!