Before and during the trip to LA, I purchased:
1. Gap Chambray: $49.99 -35% Coupon = $32
2. JCrew Tiki Shorts: Final Sale = $22
3. Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Rocker: Nordstrom Rack = $70-GC= $18
4. Grey for Saks 5th Avenue Scarf: $20 - 30%Promo = $14
5. LuckyBrand Emmie Flats: Marshall's Clearance = $21
6. Laundry by Design Dress: Marshall's Clearance = $30 (Item #1 on my Targeted Purchase List)
7. Michael Stars Pink Cowl Neck Tank: Nordstrom Rack = $15 - GC = $0
8. Fossil/LRL/Michael Kors bracelets and Necklaces: eBay Jewelry Lot = $37
After my trip to LA, I bought the items pictured above:
1. DKNY Oil Painting Jeggings: Clearance = $57
2. LA Made Dress/2Tops: (97+23) - 15% Coupon + Free Shipping = $102
3. MICHAEL Michael Kors Giraffe Print Shorts: Marshall's = $30
4. BCBGeneration Wedges: Marshall's = $40+ tax - GC = $18
Total = $381
I spent the remainder of my Nordstrom gift card this month ($73) on a Michael Stars top and to partially pay for the Rebecca Minkoff crossbody at the Nordstrom Rack in Beverly Hills. I bought a JCrew clutch for my sister-in-law at Buffalo Exchange and used my $22 credit for it. I am also a member of the TJX Rewards Access program and get invited to events at my local TJMaxx and Marshall's stores. Anyone can become a member and you get perks based on your purchases. This month I was invited to an early Saturday event and I won a $25 giftcard to the store while I was there. I used it to buy the BCBGeneration Wedges that I wasn't able to picture here but will wear soon.
The other problem I had was with an eBay seller last month that didn't resolve until the first of April. I often look for jewelry or vintage pieces on eBay and last month, I saw a listing for a jewelry lot of Fossil/Lauren Ralph Lauren/Michael Kors/Kate Spade bracelets, necklaces, and rings. The bidding was fairly low (under $25) and there didn't seem to be a reserve. I used a snipe bid to bid up to $40 because the items all looked fairly current. I ended up winning with a $37 bid, but was immediately contacted by the seller that they meant to place a reserve of $50 and did I still want the jewelry for $50. I replied that no, I wanted the jewelry for my winning bid of $37. They refused to send me the jewelry and I waited 10 days before I reported to eBay that I had not received my item. It wasn't until eBay got involved that they sent me the package minus a couple of rings and a necklace that had originally been pictured. They have since deleted the auction and didn't leave me feedback, but it was very disappointing to have to deal with that.
So...yea... my budget blew up this month...I feel pretty confident going into May, but my sister is visiting me at the end of next week and we have a formal charity function next week as well. Hopefully I can contain myself for both me and my husband's sanity.